Sunday, December 9, 2007

Welcome

Welcome to my new pretentious blog, everyone has one so why not me? I 'm a commercial photographer but this blog will not just deal with photography.You may or may not see some of my work here, this blog is not part of my marketing campaign.The first several post are going to deal with people who influence me. You can't see their influence in my work but it gets my mind moving forward.

Movies play a big role in getting me to think about my own work. What's more pretentious than foreign films?

Jean-Pierre Jeunet is the director I'll be talking about today. his films include Delicatessen, Amelie, A Very Long Engagement.
He has a background in animation which comes through in all the visuals of his movies. He uses very heavy colors primarily reds,greens and sepia tones. Jean-Pierre is heavily influnced by painter Juarez Machado. You will see the similar color schemes.

He tends to use the same crew and actors in his movies. All three of the films I mentioned have a very consistent look and feel about them. These movies were made over a thirteen year period.

No comments: