Sunday, December 16, 2007

Week One

It has been one week since I started this blog. Like most of my projects, I start with an idea and then I start to refine it. There are things I will change in the coming weeks. I read just about every photo blog that I can find so I'm fairly familiar with what people are doing.The information that people share is unbelievable and inspiring. We even got a shout out on the first day from Whats the Jackanory? and that's like blog royalty.
I don't post a lot about photography because I think the other bloggers cover most of the issues.I'm more interested in the process of how creative people think and how they arrive at certain thoughts and ideas. I use a lot of youtube videos to get across some of my thoughts, there is usually a sequence of visuals or one or two lines in the videos that have meaning to me. Sometimes they just make me laugh.
It is just about impossible to discuss inspiration without sounding like a prick in a beret and turtleneck. I get that some of my references cause eyes to roll and that's cool with me, what inspires me may not mean anything to you. Part of the reason I have kept myself anonymous is so you don't have a preconceived idea of the work I do and you just look at what I post, after all it is called Pretentious Corner.

No comments: