Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Photographers/Musicians

It seems to me that a lot of photographers are musicians. Most of the photographers I know play an instrument. I'm not sure if music is the gateway to photography or the other way around. In my case music came first. I thought it would be hard to make a living as a musician so I chose something safe like photography.

Photographer/Director and Musician Sam Jones made a great documentary on Wilco called "I Am Trying To Break Your Heart". It's a couple of years old but I watched it the other night and forgot how good it was. I don't know much about Sam Jones but I am aware of who he is and what he does. I'm a sucker for a good documentary. Sundance Channel runs this movie quite often. Check it out.

Click on the title link to read a interview with Sam Jones about the movie.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Musicians and Photographers have an odd artistic bond. The creative parallels are undeniable.

Colin said...

Musicians and photographers are also often wankers, banging on about how superior they are to other "less-gifted" people. Goes hand-in-hand, I guess...